Say goodbye to your gas furnace and old air conditioner. Go with an electric heat pump that can both heat and cool your Ashland home.
Howell’s Heating & Air specializes in keeping families safe and comfortable. Our NATE-certified experts have been creating healthy homes for over 40 years. Turn to us for your heat pump needs so that you can enjoy the comfort of your home more than ever before.
What Benefits Can a Heat Pump Provide?
Heat pumps are known for being an extremely green and environmentally friendly option. While there are plenty of advantages to switching to a heat pump, some worth mentioning include:
- Both heating and cooling from one system
- Greater energy efficiency
- Decreased utility bills
- Quieter operation
- Consistent airflow
- Reduced carbon footprint
Heat Pump Installation and Replacement in Ashland
Convinced it’s time to add a heat pump to your newly purchased home? Our NATE-certified professionals can walk you through the process, all the way from selecting the type of heat pump for your home to installing it and ensuring it works as efficiently as possible.
There are three main types of heat pumps:
- Air-source heat pumps: Air-source heat pumps are the most popular of all heat pumps. These provide heating by pulling warm air from the cold outside and moving it into your home. A heat pump works like an air conditioner in the summer months, drawing warm air from your home.
- Water-source heat pumps: You’ll need to live near a body of water—like a pond or lake—to have a water-source heat pump installed. Water-source heat pumps can provide comfort with the help of the water’s consistently warm temperature. An underground closed-looped system working with a heat exchanger keeps you cozy on the coldest of days.
- Ground-source heat pumps: These are also known as geothermal systems and work by extracting and transferring heat to and from below the ground’s surface. The temperature a few feet below the surface is consistent underground, so you never have to worry about the outdoor temperature. Geothermal heat pumps are considered the most environmentally friendly systems on the market today. Be sure to ask about tax credits that offset the installation costs.
Whichever heat pump you decide on, know our Howell’s Heating & Air professionals are with you every step of the way. Don’t forget to ask about financing.
Heat Pump Repair
Are you having trouble getting your heat pump to work correctly? It’s time to turn to the professionals! Our Howell’s Heating & Air experts are available to help. We offer 24/7 emergency repair services to be there when you need us.
Some issues that could occur with your heat pump include:
- Your heat pump runs constantly or is not running at all.
- There is a leak.
- The outdoor unit is frozen.
- Your heat pump is not providing heating and/or cooling.
- The indoor unit is not woking.
Your heat pump is responsible for keeping you warm and cool. Let our professionals diagnose any problems and handle the repair for you.
Heat Pump Maintenance
With a heat pump, maintenance is just as necessary as any other heating and cooling method. Opting for routine preventative maintenance supports your heat pump to operate efficiently reach its intended service life. Get the most out of your investment by scheduling regular maintenance visits.
Be sure you never miss a maintenance visit by becoming a member of our Comfort Club maintenance program. As a member, you will receive discounted repair rates, priority service, and a $50 accrual in Bonus Bucks each year to use when the time comes for a system replacement.
Call Howell’s for Any of Your Heat Pump Needs
When you want a heat pump installed, replaced, repaired, or maintained in your Ashland, VA, home, Howell’s Heating & Air is ready to provide you with the exceptional service you deserve. Call our professionals for service today at 804-977-0994 or request service online.