With spring just a few weeks away, you should start thinking about scheduling AC tune-up services with experienced professionals. This is the perfect time of the year to prepare your air conditioner for the upcoming cooling season.
Additionally, if you’re planning to have a new unit set up, scheduling dependable AC installation service in the Midlothian area, for instance, may be more affordable than in the summer. However, if you want to prepare for your appointment, you may want to learn a few things about AC systems and what AC tune-up actually entails.
What is done in an air conditioner tune up?
Air conditioning tune-up is an important aspect of regular maintenance. Not only can professional tune-up ensure the optimal functioning of your unit, but it can also reduce the risk of your system breaking down unnecessarily. Additionally, the pros will be able to extend the lifespan of your AC unit by servicing to the highest standards.
In general, an AC tune-up will involve multiple important steps. However, it’s important to mention that there might be differences in this type of service depending on the provider. Nonetheless, AC specialists may cover the following standard steps during a tune-up:
- Cleaning of different components. During this step, your AC technicians may clean the condenser coils and air filters, removing any traces of dust, dirt, or other debris.
- Air filter replacement. If your AC air filters haven’t been changed in the last three months, the pros are likely to do it during the tune-up. This will optimize your system and reduce the risk of lowered indoor air quality due to airborne pollutants.
- Moving part lubrication. AC specialists are also likely to lubricate the moving components of your AC unit. This way, they’ll help avoid friction that can lead to possible damage and increased energy bills.
- Thermostat calibration. This is an essential step in ensuring the optimal operation of your AC unit. The experts will calibrate the thermostat and make sure it works properly. This will enable your AC unit to maintain a stable indoor temperature while running.
- Ductwork inspection. The pros may also inspect the ducts for any possible air leaks or insulation problems. This is essential for preventing the waste of energy
- Refrigerant testing. To run properly, your AC unit should have adequate refrigerant levels, so your technicians may include this check in their tune-up service.
- Electrical inspection. A careful inspection of all electrical connections is another important step in minimizing the risk of malfunctions and ensuring the proper functioning of your AC.
- Performance evaluation. Finally, your team of AC specialists will also check if the entire system and blower motor operate at their maximum efficiency.
Of course, it’s important to stress, once again, that these checks may vary from one provider to another. Therefore, if you want to know what your AC technicians will include in their tune-up service, you should discuss this with them beforehand.
Are AC tune ups worth it?
Simply put, yes, scheduling tune-up services for your AC unit is definitely worth the cost. Firstly, this type of service is generally reasonably priced, so it won’t cost you a fortune to get your system tuned up before the cooling season starts.
Secondly, this type of service will help optimize your system for optimal performance and efficiency before the summer. You’ll be certain that your unit doesn’t have any hidden malfunction. Even if it does, your team will be able to fix it before it causes any further damage or a more serious problem.
Turn to us for efficient AC installation & tune-up service in Midlothian
Howell’s Heating & Air is your premier choice for HVAC-related services, including professional air conditioning servicing and maintenance, installation, and replacement. Our team consists of NATE-certified & licensed specialists who have in-depth knowledge of how sophisticated cooling systems work.
Additionally, we will treat your home with care and respect, protecting it against debris. We will also render our services with maximum efficiency, enabling you to take your family to Midlothian Mines Park or continue with your everyday routine. Contact us & let us optimize your AC for the upcoming cooling season!