Have you noticed a sudden spike in your energy consumption, but you don’t know why? Is your air conditioner running all the time, but your home is still stuffy? Chances are that there might be some hidden problems, so you should consider consulting with experienced contractors.
Inspecting, maintaining, and repairing your AC system regularly is essential for keeping it in excellent condition and avoiding unnecessary expenses. Thus, you should book dependable AC repair Ashland, VA service and have your unit thoroughly checked by professionals.
Aside from identifying and resolving some common AC issues, professional AC technicians can also give you important tips on saving energy and money when using your unit. Nonetheless, it’s still important you learn a bit more about common AC issues and what steps you can take to resolve them.
What could be wrong with my AC?
By regularly scheduling AC maintenance checks and booking repair service as soon as you notice a problem, you can minimize the risk of any serious damage to your unit.
Either way, you should learn how to recognize some of the most common problems, including:
- Your exterior unit is clogged. Outdoor waste such as leaves or branches can easily block the outside condenser.
- Your air filters are dirty. AC filters should be cleaned once a month and replaced every three months because they can become covered in dust and dirt, preventing your unit from working properly. This is the most common problem with AC units.
- The evaporator coil is frozen. Since multiple issues lead to frozen evaporator coils, this problem can cause your AC to stop working altogether.
What can cause your AC to stop working?
When servicing your AC, professional technicians will first inspect the unit and determine the exact cause of a particular problem. This will enable them to employ the right solutions to fix the issue and ensure your system’s optimal performance.
Learning some common causes of AC problems may help you react promptly and possibly deal with an issue until your technicians arrive. Your AC unit might have stopped working due to:
- Dirty Filters
- Tripped Circuit Breaker
- Clogged Condensate Drain
How do you fix common AC problems?
There are a few steps you can take to prevent AC problems from occurring in the first place. Even if your AC system does break down or starts exhibiting some malfunctions, these tips can help you keep these issues under control. Here are a few suggestions:
- Maintain your AC regularly. Proper maintenance can go a long way in keeping your AC in great condition and preventing possible problems.
- Clean your AC. Removing dust, dirt, or some plant debris from your exterior unit can prevent major problems.
- React promptly. If you notice an issue with your AC, don’t postpone dealing with it. This can increase the risk of major damage to your unit.
- Hire experienced pros. Don’t try to tackle AC malfunctions yourself because you can cause even more damage if you don’t have enough experience.
- Book regular inspection checks. Professional AC technicians can inspect your entire unit and identify hidden issues before they turn into serious problems.
- Install a smart thermostat. This will give your more control over your unit, enabling you to, for instance, adjust the AC temperature in the summer more easily.
AC repair service in Ashland, VA for your convenience and peace of mind
Howell’s Heating & Air brings you a variety of AC repair services in Richmond, quick repair and replacement here in Ashland or a range of repair options over in Tuckahoe to make any problem disappear. Our technicians have dealt with a great number of AC issues, so they can easily identify the cause of your AC troubles and advise you on matters such as whether or not to cover your AC.
Not only are we highly qualified and professional, but we’re also flexible and efficient. So, if you’re planning to take some time for yourself and relax in Kiwanis Pufferbelly Park, we’ll gladly schedule an appointment at your convenience. You can always count on us, so contact us today!