Noticing dust around your air conditioning vents is not a good sign. It’s nothing too alarming, but you should definitely contact air conditioning service professionals in Glen Allen to take a look at your air conditioner, as there are several problems a dusty AC can cause.
For example, it can stop your air conditioner from operating at maximum efficiency. Also, not servicing your AC unit on a regular basis can prevent your air conditioning unit from purifying the air in your home. So, even though seeing dust around the vents will not stop it from working, at least not in the beginning, you should still do something about it.
Why is my house so dusty all the time?
If you’re beginning to notice unusually excessive amounts of dust around your home, there might be something wrong. There are various reasons why your home might be dustier than usual, but three causes tend to be more common than the rest.
- Vacuuming carpets – Vacuum cleaning your carpets seems to get rid of dust and mites hiding within their fibers, but it can actually worsen the situation. There are several studies that indicate that vacuuming can re-release dust and mites into your home.
You can either switch to hard-wood floors to completely solve the problem, or change your current vacuum cleaner and buy one that has a HEPA-rated filter. Either way, you should be dust-free.
- Cheap filters – You should never try to save money when buying a filter for your air conditioning unit. Cheap filters allow particles of dust to go through them, letting them into your home. If your air filter doesn’t get dirty when you check it, it probably means it’s doing little to retain dust, pollutants, and allergens.
When buying a new air filter for your air conditioner, buy one with a MERV rating of at least 5-8. Also, hire a certified AC repair technician to replace the filter for you and perform regular maintenance of your air conditioner.
- Leaks in air ducts – Leaks that appear in your air ducts can be responsible for excess dust throughout your home. Dusty air can easily pass through the gaps in your air ducts, finding its way into your home.
Also, if you notice there are cool or hot spots in your home, or that your energy bills are higher than usual, it can be due to a leak. Contact an air conditioner repair company and let them take a look and get rid of the problem.
Does AC cause dust?
An air conditioner that is operating at 100% capacity is never the cause of excessive dust in your home. If you’re sure that your AC unit is in perfect condition, then you should look for the root of your dust problem elsewhere.
However, if professionals haven’t been maintaining your air conditioner on a regular basis, it might be what’s behind your dust problem. There are two main reasons why AC might be causing your home to be dusty:
- Poor quality or dirty air filters
- Dirty or leaky ducts
If you suspect that your air conditioning unit is causing all the dust around your home, contact a trusted local AC repair company and let them sort the problem out. Attempting to do it on your own can end up causing more harm than good.
How can you protect your AC from dust?
Dust is not only harmful to your health, but it can also damage your air conditioner. There are several preventive measures you can take to make sure your AC is as protected from dust as possible. However, it is always best to have qualified AC repair technicians do these actions for you to ensure maximum protection and maximum effectiveness. Here’s what your AC team is likely to do:
- Change the filters – The more often they change the filters on your air conditioner, the more protected from dust will it be. Dust gathers on filters, causing your AC to function with a decreased capacity and efficiency.
- Check for leaks – Have experienced air conditioning pros check your ducts for any potential leaks that may be allowing dust to enter your AC unit and your home.
- Clean evaporator coils – Your team will make sure evaporator coils are completely dirt-free. Hire experienced professionals to do this for you quickly and easily.
- Flush the condensation line – Finally, your trusted local AC repair technicians will flush the condensation line.
Who offers the finest air conditioning repair service in Glen Allen?
You deserve to have a comfortable living environment that is safe for your health and completely free of dust. A big part of that is making sure your air conditioning unit is always in top-notch state. That is where Howell’s Heating & Air comes in.
We are the leading air conditioner installation and repair company in Glen Allen and the surrounding areas. We can install your unit, maintain it, and repair if need be. Make the air quality in your home resemble Meadow Farm. Contact us today!