Whether you’re planning to buy a unit or you simply want to learn about AC systems, there are more than a few important things to know about air conditioning. First things first, if you need a new AC system, you should schedule professional AC installation in Midlothian, VA because expert installers have the skills and tools needed for a faultless set-up.
Nonetheless, before actually contacting AC contractors and having a unit installed, you should take some time to gather relevant information. This will help you decide which air conditioner is right for you, prepare for some future issues, and maintain your unit properly.
What should I know about air conditioners?
Air conditioning has become an essential component of almost every household. For some people, AC units serve as both cooling and heating systems. However, not many homeowners know all the ins and outs of air conditioning. Yet, knowing how air conditioners work, for instance, can greatly help you recognize the signs it’s time for an AC tune-up.
So, here’s are some of the basic facts you need to know about AC units.
1. Why is it important to change the air filters?
Air filters are one of the most important elements of AC units and they play a crucial role in ensuring your system functions properly. If the air filters are dirty and clogged, your air conditioner will need more power to cool or warm your home, yet it won’t be able to achieve the best results. This means that you’ll get higher electricity bills without the appropriate level of thermal comfort in your home.
Thus, you should have your air filters cleaned or changed by experienced AC technicians/ This is typically done every three months during the cool season and once a month during the hot season.
2. Why does regular AC maintenance matter?
Another essential thing to be familiar with is the importance of AC maintenance. This is an essential step that will optimize the performance of your AC unit and enhance its energy efficiency.
When it comes to regular maintenance, it’s advisable that you leave it to experienced technicians who have the experience and tools needed. Your AC contractors will perform general inspection and maintenance of your air conditioner at least once a year. This will enable them to identify possible issues early on and fix them before they turn into a major problem.
3. How to boost the energy efficiency of your AC unit?
Nowadays, both residential and commercial property owners are looking for ways to increase the energy efficiency levels of their systems. Putting in some effort into making your AC unit energy efficient can help you reduce your monthly electricity bills and increase savings in the long run.
The best of all is the fact that this can entail acquiring some simple habits and following a few basic steps. Here are a few suggestions:
- Go with a smart thermostat. Not only will this help you maintain a stable, comfortable indoor temperature, but it will also give you more control over your AC unit. You’ll be able to adjust default settings that will regulate the temperature while you’re away, thus, reducing your energy consumption significantly.
- Insulate the ducts. This is another important step that will help prevent energy waste. By having the ducts insulated properly, you’ll eliminate possible air leaks and protect the cool or warm air inside from external factors.
- Buy an energy-saving unit. You can also buy an energy-efficient AC system in the first place. These units might be a bit more expensive initially, but their energy efficiency reduces energy consumption.
Contact the #1 AC installation experts in Midlothian, VA & be worry-free
Howell’s Heating & Air is the leading provider of AC-related services, including installation, repair, and maintenance. Whether you need someone to replace your unit, provide you with a new system, or just handle regular maintenance, we’re the ones to call.
Our team has vast knowledge and extensive experience in the field, having dealt with a range of different AC issues. We can set up your unit with maximum efficiency and minimum disruptions to your daily life, giving you enough time to even reconnect with nature in Midlothian Mines Park. Just give us a call and get a free quote - we’ll handle the rest!