With winter just around the corner, it’s time you started thinking about available heating systems for your home. Of course, to choose the most appropriate heating unit for your needs, you should first find out what your options are, the most important advantages of different heating systems, and so on.
Additionally, you should consult with trusted Richmond heating experts who can give you all the important guidelines you need, whether it comes to proper heater maintenance tips or professional installation.
What are the types of heating system?
Homeowners can choose among multiple types of residential heating systems, picking the one that offers value for money and can keep their home warm and comfortable during the winter. Before deciding on a particular heating unit, you should learn more about what each one brings to the table so that you can pick an efficient heating system for your home.
Types of heating systems
Here are some of the most common residential heating options:
- Heat pumps: These units are actually double-functioning air conditioners. They are used to cool a space during the summer and warm it during the winter. The heat pump reverses the process and moves the warm air through a house thanks to its warm-air delivery system. Heat pumps come in two forms:
- Ground-source (geothermal) pumps use ground-generated heat. Thanks to the stable and constant ground temperature, this system is quite efficient and a great option for a long-term investment.
- Air-source heat pumps increase the indoor temperature by using the outside air. This type of heat pump is more commonly used since it offers affordability and easy installation. However, they are less efficient than geothermal pumps.
- Boilers: As a special type of water heaters, boiler heating units use hot water to generate heat that’s spread throughout a home via traditional radiators. A boiler unit then reheats the cool water and repeats the process. Boilers typically use heating oil or natural gas as fuel.
- Furnaces: This is the most common heating option for homeowners in the U.S. Systems that have a furnace are called forced-air distribution systems. This type of heating unit uses ducts to blow warm air throughout your home. For this system to function, you need natural gas, LP gas, fuel oil, or electricity.
- Solar heating: If you’re thinking about having solar panels installed, you’ll be able to use solar energy to power a boiler heating unit or a forced-air system. Although installing solar panels may require a sizeable investment initially, it’s a sustainable way of generating electricity and heating your home.
How do I choose a heating system?
To get maximum benefits from your heating system, you need to choose the best unit for your household. This will help you create a comfortable environment while also controlling your costs.
When doing so, you should take the following factors into account:
- The contractor. Finding a trusted HVAC provider to install, maintain, or repair your unit is essential for its long-lasting durability.
- The budget. When purchasing a brand-new heating system, you need to pick an option that fits into your budget. This doesn’t refer to only the initial costs, but also long-term expenses that entail maintenance, repairs, and upgrades.
- The home size. If you have a large home with multiple household members, you need to pick a heating system that can meet your heating needs.
- The climate. It goes without saying that you’ll need a more powerful unit if you live in a region with harsh winters than if you live in a region with a mild winter.
- The system type. In addition to the aforementioned systems, there might be other options that can meet your needs, so make sure to do your research.
Book the #1 Richmond heating services & be worry-free
In some areas, the heating season has already started, so don’t postpone setting up your system. Contact Howell’s Heating & Air and let us handle your HVAC issues. Whether you want a new heating system or need to have your old one serviced, we’re the best of the best. Our certified and trained specialists are here to render professional heating services, including repair, installation, and maintenance.
What’s more, we enable our clients to get a free quote by simply giving us a call. We guarantee we’ll be as efficient as possible, allowing you to go back to your everyday life in a timely manner. In fact, we’ll be so quick that you’ll even have time to visit the Edgar Allan Poe Museum. Contact us today & schedule a consultation!