A prompt reaction and regular maintenance play a crucial role in keeping a heating system fully functional and without any problems. Scheduling regular furnace maintenance will enable you to maximize the energy efficiency of your unit while also ensuring its long-term performance.
However, before making an appointment with qualified HVAC technicians who render professional heating maintenance services in Richmond, you should learn more about furnace cleaning and servicing. This way, you’ll know what to expect and be able to prepare better for your next appointment with your HVAC team.
How often should you have your furnace cleaned?
Cleaning is an essential aspect of comprehensive furnace maintenance. It should be done by highly experienced professionals with hands-on experience in the field. A trained HVAC team has the equipment for proper, detailed cleaning of any heating unit. In addition, they know what possible issues to expect and how to overcome any problems they encounter while cleaning your furnace.
However, it’s important to mention that numerous factors can affect the frequency of your furnace cleaning, so it’s always best to seek advice from a professional. Nonetheless, it’s recommended that you schedule a multistep furnace tune-up on a regular basis.
Signs that you should book a cleaning ASAP
There are some indicators that your furnace needs proper cleaning without any delay. You should reach out to an HVAC team as soon as you notice one of the following signs:
- You’ve been experiencing frequent allergic reactions, eye irritation, coughing, etc.
- Wisps of dust come out of your vents when you turn on the heating system.
- Your home typically has a lot of dust and you need to clean it often.
- You’ve noticed pet hair, dust, or other dirt in the vents.
Not having your furnace regularly cleaned can lead to decreased indoor air quality and even trigger bacteria growth inside the duct system. Thus, you should make sure that your furnace is properly and regularly cleaned by a team of certified HVAC experts.
Should I have my furnace serviced every year?
Having your furnace serviced is another important aspect of the maintenance process. This type of service is generally more comprehensive than simple cleaning. Typically, all furnace manufacturers advise that your furnace should be carefully inspected by an HVAC technician once a year.
This is important for a number of reasons, including:
- Yearly service will prepare your furnace for the heating season.
- Your HVAC team will be able to check it for possible hidden problems.
- You’ll be able to save on furnace repair and replacement in the long run.
- Your furnace will be fully operational at its highest level of energy efficiency.
- The pros will be able to determine whether certain parts should be replaced.
- They will also take steps to prevent a possible issue from causing serious damage.
- Your HVAC provider will also be able to tell you when it’s the right time to replace the entire system.
- They can also advise you on how to evaluate the energy efficiency of your furnace and possibly increase it.
In general, having your furnace serviced is an opportunity to reveal any possible problems, make sure everything is functioning properly, and even get professional advice on how to ensure your heating system lasts for years to come.
We’re the #1 experts in heating maintenance services across Richmond
Here at Howell’s Heating & Air, we offer furnace cleaning and maintenance services that meet the industry’s standards. We’re here to handle furnace checks with utmost efficiency and convenience every six months, offering you a first-rate client experience and total reliability.
Our team has undergone professional training and is more than qualified to handle furnace maintenance, as well as other possible problems such as an array of furnace circuit board malfunctions. Our services are available throughout the Richmond area, so if you’re located near the American Civil War Museum or somewhere outside the city, we’ll be here for you either way. Contact us today & we’ll be ready to answer!