Whether your current heating unit has stopped working suddenly or you’ve been planning to have a new heating system installed for a while, you should start by doing some research. This will enable you to find out more about the most dependable types of heating units and find the leading HVAC contractors in the area. These are essential steps before scheduling a professional heating installation in Richmond, VA.
How so? Informing yourself properly and preparing for the installation of your new heating system will enable you to boost the energy efficiency of your home, cut your utility expenses, and ensure an exceptional level of thermal comfort in your home,
What is the most efficient way to heat your house?
Nowadays, more and more homeowners are seeking new ways to make their homes more sustainable and energy-efficient. One of the energy-saving tips you can apply in your home is to green up your heating. Although this might seem demanding and complex, it actually entails a few simple changes you can implement.
Here are a few suggestions for energy-efficient heating:
- Consult with the experts. One of the simplest, fastest, and most reliable options is to discuss this with your trusted HVAC provider. They can offer important advice on saving energy during the fall and winter and optimize your current heating unit.
- Insulate your home expertly. No matter if you have the best heating system available, if your home has air leaks and isn’t properly insulated, you’ll continue to lose heat and see an increase in your monthly bills. To avoid this, make sure to insulate your home entirely, including the walls, floors, roof, doors, and windows.
- Pick the right heating system. This is one of the most important steps if you want to keep your home cozy and your bills low. Consult with your HVAC contractor and ask them to suggest a heating unit that will meet your heating needs. Whether you go solar or opt for central heating, the most important thing is to pick the best system for your home.
- Schedule regular maintenance. You should hire experienced professionals to clean and maintain your heating unit. This will minimize the risk of malfunctions, ensure its optimal performance, and avoid any waste of energy.
- Install a programmable thermostat. You should have more control over your indoor temperature, which is why you should consider installing a programmable thermostat. This will enable you to adjust the temperature depending on the time of day, your habits, whether you’re home or not, etc. For instance, your thermostat can automatically warm up your home by increasing temperature before you come back from work.
How long does it take to install a new heating system?
Knowing how long it will take for your HVAC contractors to set up your new heating system can be helpful, especially if you’re on a tight schedule or planning to visit Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden with your family.
In general, how long the installation of a new heating system will last depends on the following factors:
- Home size. If you live in a spacious home, you may need the installation of multiple heating units, which will require more time.
- Installation type. For instance, if your contractor needs to replace just a furnace and not the rest of the equipment, they may need a day to finish the job. The replacement and installation of the entire heating system can last from three to five days.
- Heating system type & location. Your HVAC specialists may need extra time to install a heating unit in the basement when compared to an easily accessible system in the garage.
We’re the finest heating installation pros in Richmond, VA
Whether you need a team to help you boost the energy efficiency of your heating system or install a brand-new unit, Howell’s Heating & Air is your go-to company. We’re highly professional, truly dedicated, and fully licensed, offering heating-related services that guarantee reliability and durability.
In addition to heating unit installation, we can also offer exceptional furnace maintenance assistance and help you prepare for the heating season in no time. Schedule a consultation with us today - we’re eager to help you!