Are you worried that your AC thermostat may not be working properly? If that’s the case, you should take immediate action to determine if everything is fine with your thermostat and find a solution if the device is faulty, unless you want to risk uncomfortable temperatures in your home.
Read on to discover some warning signs your AC thermostat may exhibit and learn when to seek help from dependable experts for AC repair Midlothian, VA trusts the most. They will employ matchless skill and precision to determine your specific issue and resolve it swiftly and expertly, so don’t hesitate to depend on them!
How do I know if my AC thermostat is bad?
We know that you hope that nothing is wrong with your thermostat and that you don’t need a replacement, but thermostat issues should never be ignored. Here are some telltale signs your thermostat might be at the end of its lifespan:
- Your AC won’t start. If your AC unit isn’t cooling your home, it could be because of a wiring issue that has caused your thermostat to lose the connection to the system.
- Your AC won’t turn off. Similarly, if your AC is running constantly and won’t shut off, you may have a wiring defect on your hands.
- It’s still unresponsive after changing the batteries. It’s often the case that an AC thermostat isn’t working properly simply because it needs a battery change. If it’s still not working, you should seek professional help.
- Your AC is inconsistent in cooling your home. If you notice that some rooms are cooler or warmer than others, it might be a sign of a malfunctioning thermostat.
Will AC work if thermostat is bad?
Your AC thermostat is one of the most important components of the unit and may cause serious issues if any issues are ignored. However, it’s likely that your air conditioner will continue to work even if your thermostat is faulty. For instance, it may still manage to cool down your home but not as effectively as it used to or may produce temperature shifts throughout your home.
While it may be easy not to notice these signs, it’s essential that you seek professional assistance as soon as you suspect that your thermostat is behaving strangely. This way, you’ll prevent unnecessary damage to your AC system and avoid expensive repairs.
Why would my thermostat stop working?
But why does a thermostat malfunction? Here are some of the most common causes of a faulty thermostat:
- Your thermostat isn’t connected to the power source. If you’re lucky, your thermostat issues could be caused by a tripped circuit breaker or empty batteries.
- Your thermostat is dirty. Dirt, dust, and other debris on and inside your thermostat can prevent your thermostat from working properly, so make sure to clean it with a soft brush.
- There are loose wires and screws inside. Turn off your thermostat and open the cover to check if there are any loose screws or wires and tighten them.
- Your thermostat is too old. At the end of the day, a thermostat that’s too old simply needs to be replaced. Consider this option if you’ve had your thermostat for a while.
Trustworthy and dependable AC repair in Midlothian, VA
Ignoring a malfunctioning thermostat and waiting too long to fix it can result in a vast range of problems with your AC. That is why it’s highly advisable that you reach out to experienced HVAC professionals who will tell you exactly why your thermostat is not working properly and what you can do about it. What’s more, they’ll tell you everything you should know about your AC and how AC systems work, so you may be able to prevent any unwanted issues in the future.
Luckily, you won’t have to search for too long to find seasoned HVAC experts near you! Simply pick up the phone and reach out to Howell’s Heating & Air. Our skilled technicians will repair or replace your thermostat with ease, giving you time to unwind at the Swift Creek Reservoir without worrying about your AC struggles. Contact us today!